Hopefully you’re able to spend some good quality time with family and friends this Easter Long weekend! The weather isn’t looking great in our parts but a little rain hasn’t stopped us from getting out and enjoying. Who doesn’t love a good splash in a puddle, or bike ride through some mud…getting dirty is half the fun! ☔️
Unfortunately I had to miss it but Casey did an amazing job representing our team and brokerage at the Spring Cottage Life show. The show was busy and she had a great time connecting with past clients and new potential cottagers. 🤝
We are ramping up to get the docks in and boats out of storage. Friendly reminder to give your local marina a call to schedule service and get you prepped for what hopes to be an amazing summer! 🚤
In this edition:
- Bank of Canada has raised interest rates to 1%.📈
- 📖 The 2022 Federal Budget has been released. The new agenda and some noteworthy real estate points.
- 🎿 Banff Mountain Film Festival is coming to the Algonquin theatre
- Some incredible new listings: new executive builds, waterfront and vacant land. Check them out! 🏡
News and Updates
A few great articles to enjoy
– Bank of Canada has raised interest rates for the 2nd time this year! A rate hike of half a percent point to 1%. This article from Globe and Mail summarize some of the reasons why.
– Trains, planes, and automobiles…the Ontario Government announced that it plans to invest $75M to bring passenger rail back to Northeastern Ontario, including through Muskoka. Click here to find out more about the new business plan and the stops along the way!
– The Federal Government has released its 2022 budget. The CBC has a great article on how it will affect first time home buyers, foreign buyers and new housing initiatives.
– Ontario and Canada have signed a $13.2 billion agreement that will lower fees for families and deliver an average of $10 a day child care by September 2025. Learn more about this publishing from the Ontario newsroom.
– Local municipalities are discussing floating accommodations (house boats) and how they could negatively impact Muskoka. District’s are hoping that the Ministry will restrict them. Read more about this here
March Market Stats
Want stats more specific to your area? Reach out and we’re happy to provide.
Must See’s In Muskoka
This month in Muskoka, check out the Easter Egg Hunts, Banff Mountain Film Festival, and The logging Museum at Algonquin Park.